Are you searching for American Born Chinese TV series news? You’ve come to the right place!
Get all the latest information on the American Born Chinese new tv show here at newshowstv.com.
There are 100s of new 2022 TV shows and new 2022 series coming your way. American Born Chinese Season 1 will be with us eventually, but when? We gather all the news on the series premiere of American Born Chinese to bring you the most accurate American Born Chinese coming soon news and premiere date.
American Born Chinese 2022 TV Series
American Born Chinese TV Show Synopsis:
DISNEY BRANDED TELEVISION ANNOUNCES CASTING FOR DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES "AMERICAN BORN CHINESE"
International Cast Features Michelle Yeoh, Chin Han, Yeo Yann Yann, Daniel Wu
BURBANK, Calif. (Feb. 7, 2022) - Disney Branded Television has announced casting for the Disney+ original series "American Born Chinese," the genre-hopping action-comedy based on the graphic novel of the same name by Gene Luen Yang. The cast features talented international stars Michelle Yeoh (Marvel's "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings"), Ben Wang ("MacGyver"), two-time International Emmy(R) Award nominee Yeo Yann Yann ("Wet Season"), Chin Han ("Mortal Kombat"), Daniel Wu ("Reminiscence"), Ke Huy Quan ("Finding 'Ohana"), former Taekwondo champion Jim Liu and Sydney Taylor ("Just Add Magic"). A Disney Branded Television series, "American Born Chinese" is produced by 20th Television and will begin production later this month in Los Angeles.
"American Born Chinese" tells the story of Jin Wang, an average teenager juggling his high school social life with his home life. When he meets a new foreign student on the first day of the school year, even more worlds collide as Jin is unwittingly entangled in a battle of Chinese mythological gods. The action-packed coming-of-age adventure explores identity, culture, and family.
Cast breakdown is as follows:
· Michelle Yeoh as "Guanyin," an unassuming auntie, who helps her nephew Wei-Chen navigate the challenges of American high school while maintaining her secret identity as the all-powerful Buddhist bodhisattva of Compassion.
· Ben Wang as "Jin Wang," an American teen whose parents immigrated from Taiwan, who is struggling to carve out exactly who he's supposed to be socially and culturally.
· Yeo Yann Yann as Jin's mom, "Christine Wang," a strong-willed, opinionated woman with a sly wit, who loves her family deeply.
· Chin Han as Jin's father, "Simon Wang," a hard-working, devoted father and husband who is bumping up against the "bamboo ceiling" at his job.
· Daniel Wu as Sun Wukong "The Monkey King," the legendary, all-powerful god of the Chinese epic Journey to the West, who enters our world in search of his son.
· Ke Huy Quan as "Freddy Wong," a fictional character from a popular mid-1990s sitcom.
· Jim Liu as Jin's confident friend "Wei-Chen," a teen who has just arrived in the United States, whose sweet demeanor belies the deeper mystery of his true identity.
· Sydney Taylor as "Amelia," a friendly "All-American" girl who is Jin's classmate and crush.
Emmy(R) Award-winning writer/producer Kelvin Yu ("Bob's Burgers," "Central Park") serves as executive producer and showrunner. Destin Daniel Cretton (Marvel's "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings," "Short Term 12") is set to direct and serves as executive producer, alongside Melvin Mar and Jake Kasdan (both of "Doogie Kamealoha, M.D." for Disney+, and "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" and "Jumanji: The Next Level" feature films), Erin O'Malley ("Doogie Kamealoha, M.D."), Asher Goldstein ("Short Term 12," "Just Mercy") and Gene Luen Yang.