Are you searching for Dead Day TV series news? You’ve come to the right place!
Best 2022-23 TV Shows
Get all the latest information on the Dead Day new tv show here at newshowstv.com.
There are 100s of new 2022 TV shows and new 2023 series coming your way. Dead Day Season 1 will be with us eventually, but when? We gather all the news on the series premiere of Dead Day to bring you the most accurate Dead Day coming soon news and premiere date.
Dead Day 2022-23 TV Series
Dead Day TV Show Synopsis:
PEACOCK ANNOUNCES STRAIGHT-TO-SERIES ORDER OF SUPERNATURAL DRAMA SERIES "DEAD DAY" FROM UNIVERSAL TELEVISION, AFTERSHOCK MEDIA, AND PROLIFIC PRODUCERS JULIE PLEC AND KEVIN WILLIAMSON
Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Legacies), and Williamson (The Vampire Diaries, Dawson's Creek, The Following) To Serve as Co-Showrunners and Will Adapt the Series Based Off of the Bestselling Comic-Book Series from AfterShock Comics
· Peacock announced today the straight-to-series order of supernatural drama series DEAD DAY, based on the bestselling AfterShock comic-book series created by Ryan Parrott, from producers Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Legacies) and Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries, Dawson's Creek, The Following), who will serve as co-showrunners, writers and executive producers.
· DEAD DAY follows an ensemble of characters as they navigate the annual "dead day," when for one night the dead come back to complete unfinished business -- be that to celebrate a night back on earth or to torment the living. (The hit comic-book series was recently greenlit for Volume 2).
· Plec and Williamson are reuniting after their last collaboration creating the long-running, fan-favorite hit TV series The Vampire Diaries.
· "Dead Day combines an exciting, high-concept premise with relatable characters and real emotion," said Lisa Katz, president scripted content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. "We jumped at the opportunity to work with Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, who not only have tremendous individual track records with their high-quality storytelling, but have created magic together before."
· "Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson are each a powerhouse unto themselves, so we couldn't have been more excited when they told us they wanted to team up again," said Vivian Cannon, EVP, Drama Development, Universal Television. "Dead Day will be everything Julie and Kevin's audiences love about their work - emotional, unexpected and totally bingeable!"
· "We have been looking for a project to do together and Dead Day has all the ingredients we love as storytellers. Love, death, thrills and tears -- and we know Susan Rovner and her team at Peacock is the perfect fit for this project," said Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson.
· "We realized because of Dead Day's unique, universally appealing concept that this AfterShock Comic would capture the audience's imagination worldwide. And none of this would be possible without this recognition from our amazing partners: Julie Plec, Kevin Williamson, Universal Television, Peacock and Ryan Parrott, the creator of Dead Day," said AfterShock Media's Lee and Jon Kramer
· Plec is currently in production on Peacock's upcoming YA supernatural drama series VAMPIRE ACADEMY, which she co-created and is co-showrunning, based on the bestselling book series of the same name, and she is also executive producing the upcoming NBC series The Endgame, which premieres Feb 21st.
· Williamson is currently in post on the thriller, SICK for Miramax Studios, which he serves as a producer. He also executive produced the latest SCREAM film.
· AfterShock Media is comprised of Rive Gauche and AfterShock Comics, uniting a proven film/tv production and distribution platform with a rapidly growing original comic creation and publishing business. AfterShock Comics has published 110 + comics thus far in its 6 year existence.
ABOUT THE DEAD DAY:
· Co-Showrunners / Writers / Executive Producers: Julie Plec (My So-Called Company) and Kevin Williamson (Outerbanks Entertainment)
· Executive Producers: Ben Fast, Emily Cummins and Lee Kramer, Jon Kramer and David Sigurani for AfterShock Media
· Consulting Producer: Ryan Parrott (writer of the comic-book series Dead Day)
· Studio: Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group
· Format: Supernatural Drama Series